I wanted to share an easy recipe with you. I want to get back to basics and chicken will do just nicely! Even if this recipe sounds simple, the most important thing here is to use quality ingredients and fresh herbs.
Perfect for Sunday lunches, this dish will fill the home with its delectable fragrance.
My roast chicken with new potatoes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
1 free-range chicken
A few stalks of thyme and rosemary
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Ile de Ré new potatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. Place chicken onto a large roasting tray, big enough to also hold the potatoes.
3. Season the inside of the chicken with salt, pepper and herbs.
4. Baste chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Put the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. In the meantime, rub the potatoes clean in water, but don’t peel them.
7. Cut the tomatoes into four- or six-piece segments and dice the onions.
8. After 30 minutes place the potatoes around the chicken, cut into two- or three-piece segments according to size. Season the potatoes, scatter a few sprigs of thyme and drizzle with two teaspoons of olive oil.
9. After 20 minutes, add the onions and quartered tomatoes in with the potatoes and mix well. Put back into the oven for about 15 minutes.
10. Before adding the potatoes to the tray, make sure you baste the chicken well with the cooking juices.
11. Bon appétit!
Cliquez ici pour lire cette recette en français sur Ma P’tite Campagne.
Translated by Esme Wakefield.
All images ©Mélanie Boré.