France Travel Planning Resources – Collaboration
This resource is a work in progress. It is intended as a collaborative exercise with contributions from MyFrenchLife.org readers and subscribers /members. If you have suggestions to be added then please add them in the comments below. Equally, if you should disagree with our listing then please let us know which one and why. Merci d’avance.
France Travel Planning
- MyFrenchLife.org– Experience France beyond the cliché. Gain a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of French places, culture, and people
- The French Embassy – others yet to be added.
- French Links: The Geoff Hare list of French links – over 700 sites, classed by theme
- Meteo-France, the French weather service
- Service-public. The official website of the French civil service, English version.
- The French Telephone directory – English version
Paris travel planning
- Lesvisitesdeparis.fr A selection of worth discovering tourist sites and attractions in Paris
- Paris Guide – Up to date travel information with guides to Paris’s popular holiday destinations.
- Paris travel maps Maps from the Paris city transport authority. Click on a category in the section “réseaux”.Print out the mini-plan of the Metro. Plans can be selected in either gif or pdf format.
- Map of Paris – Fully-searchable interactive map of Paris city centre from ParisMapped.com
Regional France Travel Planning
- About Provence travel guide + a traveller’s introduction to Provence, it’s land and heritage
- Alps airport transfers – Transfers from Geneva, Lyon, Chambery, and Grenoble to all the French Alpine ski resorts.
- Auvergne regional guide + Travel and holiday information about the Auvergne region
- Brittany travel guide + An introduction to Brittany, for visitors
- Brittany with George East + Hilarious books about rural France and an up-to-the-minute blog of day-to-day life in Brittany.
- Chamonix and Alps A very full and objective user’s guide to staying and skiing in the area of Chamonix
- Geneva area guide – Saint Julien lies to the south of Geneva, just a few minutes from the Swiss city.
- Languedoc: Cheap holidays in the south of France take a cheap flight to Languedoc. Lots to do: beaches, exceptional Unesco sites, exciting nightlife, charming hotels, delightful gastronomy, and wines
- My Normandy Normandy for the independent traveler, from the D-day beaches to the Normandy of William the Conqueror.
- Pays des Bastides – discover the bastides of Purple Perigord, in the Dordogne
- Porto Vecchio, Corsica + Independent guide to the town of Porto Vecchio including reviews, beaches, excursions, images, and video.
- Saint-Malo Brittany + Independent travel guide to the historic city of Saint-Malo. Reviews, trips, beaches, and images of this popular destination.
- South of France Properties Visit Bruce International – Real Estate Agents who specialise in luxury properties based in the south of France.
- FranceSud Ouest Portal for southwest France.
Experiences: For holidays & visiting France
- Gites in France + Gites directly from the owners
- Auto Europe + Car rental and leasing in France and around the world.
- Americans in France + Resource for Americans and other native English speakers that would like to travel or live in France.
- Bed and Breakfast in France + the Gitelink bed and breakfast guide
- Budget campervan rental in France + Get ready for the ultimate road trip across France and Europe
- Chambres d’hôtes B&B in Charentes + Charentes B&B guide and tourist information
- France Travel Secrets – Travel guide and vacation ideas for family holidays and romantic getaways in France
- France: Rules of the Road (for I-player) – the only app about driving in France, covering road signs, driving terms, parking rules, and more. The same Rules of the road for Android
- French Railways + The website of the SNCF, in English
- Green-club.fr – French ecotourism portal, with maps and information. A directory of ecotourism sites and rural accommodation.
- Holiday cottages and rentals in France The Gitelink directory of selected holiday gites and cottages throughout France.
- Pet-Friendly Holiday Accommodation+ Paws Abroad has a full range of holiday accommodation in France where your pets are welcome.
- Price comparisons of leading hotels in France Get the best hotel deals throughout France using the web’s #1 hotel comparison tool
- Understand-France.org A Franco-American site explaining intercultural differences in everyday life, education, business, history, etc…
- Undiscovered Alps Activity Holidays Walking and activity holidays in the Southern French Alps.
This France Travel Planning Resource is designed as a collaboration. If you have sites you believe should be added please add them in the comments below for our consideration. Merci d’avance.