Best of French in Melbourne: Michel Dubois of Roule Galette
Profile series: Best of French in Melbourne
Your guide – find the best of French around the world – meet the owners & entrepreneurs who created the businesses…
Name: Michel Dubois
Tell us about your french business…
Business name: Roule Galette
1) Shop 2, 241 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria
2) 26 Rebecca Walk, Melbourne, Victoria
1) 03 9639 0307
2) 03 9614 3606
Email address: Michel@roulegalette.com.au
Tell us more…
1. Describe your business and your speciality?
I do French crêpes and galettes. Galette is like a crêpe but made from buckwheat flour. It’s the speciality of Brittany.
2. Which specific product is the most popular?
One of the most popular galette is the one with French Morbier melted and prosciutto. One of the most popular crêpe is the one with ice cream, chocolate and almonds.
3. Who are your customers?
Everyone comes to Roule Galette: kids, young to older people, tourists, workers, neighbours…
4. When and why did you start your business in Melbourne?
I start with the shop off Flinders Lane the 18 June 2007.
5. How is business in Melbourne?
6. What changes have happened recently that have impacted your business?
I recently refurbished my first shop.
7. How would you improve business in Melbourne?
More word of mouth.
Tell us about your favourite French places…
To eat something french
Melbourne: PM24, 24 Russell St Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (http://www.pm24.com.au/)
Paris: Les Bouchons de Francois Clerc (22 Rue de la Terrasse, 75017 Paris, France)
To shop for something french in Melbourne
La Parisienne Pates, 290 Lygon Street, Carlton ( read a review here )
Thank you Michel for taking part in our Profile Series: ‘Best of French in Melbourne’. Here is Michel’s website where you can find out more about Roule Galette.
Image credits: Michel Dubois