New writer set-up checklist
Welcome to the MyFrenchLife.org team!
This set-up checklist is designed to help you to complete a number of small items in order to join the team, and if you’re a writer, prepare for the publication of your first article.
How to contact us…
Please always use firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate with us.
Click the red ‘sign up!’ tab in the top right-hand corner of this page. Fill out the details requested and click ‘Continue’.
You will then receive an email asking you to confirm your membership. NB: If you can’t see this email, check your Spam folder.
Click the link within to take you back to MyFrenchLife.org. Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
2. Setting up your profile
Once you’ve filled in your full name, Country and city, you’ll need to prepare a short paragraph within the ‘About me’ box. This paragraph will appear at the base of articles published in your name.
1. Length: Please ensure it is less than 300 characters (including spaces).
2. What to include: Writing in first person (using I), please tell us about you.
You could choose to include where you live, your French thread* story, the area of focus in your writing, whether you’re an intern with the magazine, why you love France, your professional background and links to your website, blog and social media profile.
3. Links: We ask that all team members link to their social media profiles and blog or website if they have one. Please note that it is compulsory to have a Google+ profile. We’ll explain more below!NB: Please be sure to insert a ‘nofollow’ tag with all links. <a href=”http://www.yourURL.com” rel=”nofollow”>My Blog</a> Ask our inhouse team for assistance if you’re unsure!
4. An example of a fabulous profile can be found here.
5. Profile picture: Please also upload a portrait image of yourself by clicking ‘Upload Profile Image’ to the left of your profile. This is to be black & white, and no less 150 x 150px.
3. Social footprint & interaction
Having a social footprint, and interacting with our community on social media is an essential part of being a team member at MyFrenchLife.org.
This doesn’t simply mean sharing your own articles – it means sharing others too. Just think: wouldn’t you love it if your fellow MyFrenchLife-ers were helping spread your content? Share l’amour and do the same!
1. Follow us on Twitter. Send us a tweet to say hi, and we’ll follow you back.
2. Like our Facebook page.
3. You’re also encouraged to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
4. Be sure to add your social links to your MyFrenchLife.org profile so that other members of our community can follow you too!
4. Email us
Please email us the following details at email@example.com:
1. Your MyFrenchLife.org username (so we can update your status to ‘writer’).
2. Your social links (so we can sure we’re following you!): Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+.*’The French Thread’ is a notion which is at the core of the My French Life™ community. As a community we started as strangers. It is the ‘French Thread’, being our interest, curiosity and passion for all things French, which connects us: francophiles and French living in France and all around the world.
Leave A Comment