Mélissa Serrano ‘Bibliophile in Paris’: interview at Librairie L’impromptu, Paris & reviews 3 French books
Here at MyFrenchLife.org we have the pleasure of re-introducing you to member and Contributor Mélissa Serrano.
And as a reminder… Méli is Québécoise and Spaniard, who grew up in Montreal and now calls Paris home.
She says: “From writing to teaching and from studying in Paris to attending grad school in Brussels, French is at the heart of my life. I love acting, traveling, reading, chocolate, the sea, Serge Gainsbourg, Leonard Cohen, Marguerite Duras and thunderstorms.”
You’ll remember Méli from her wonderful ‘Unmissable Arrondissement Guides’ to her favourite arrondissements in Paris
Unmissable Arrondissement Guides to Paris
Not to be missed – lively, energetic historic – 3rd arrondissement, Paris
GUIDE to the Cool, Trendy & Exciting 9th arrondissement, Paris
Not to be missed Guide to the 17th arrondissement Paris and Parc Monceau
the unmissable GUIDE to the 18th arrondissement of Paris
a fabulous GUIDE to the enthralling laid-back19th arrondissement of Paris
the not to be missed GUIDE to the authentic artsy 20th arrondissement of Paris
Introducing ‘Bibliophile in Paris’ Interviews and book reviews:
Announcing new initiatives from Méli which will be known under the brands ‘Bibliophile in Paris‘ and ‘Méli in Paris‘
1. Book Reviews by video—introducing books, authors, and publishing houses
2. Interviews of Bookstore owners—meeting these Parisians, hearing about their motivation, their store, and their reading recommendations
3. And more… watch this space.
Bibliophile in Paris: Interview
With this first ‘Bibliophile in Paris‘ video interview, Méli takes us to the 11ème arrondissement, in Paris, to meet the bookstore owner Jeremy Derny-Bousquet.
Note that there are many interesting events you can attend at Librairie L’impromptu – check them out here.
Now… over to Méli and Jeremy:
Bibliophile in Paris: Book Reviews
From the café space at Librairie L’Impromptu in the eleventh arrondissement of Paris, Méli presents three French-language book recommendations for the readers at My French Life:
- La petite femelle by Philippe Jaenada :
– Editions Julliard ( grand format) and Point (paperback)
– French language
- Mémoires d’Hadrien by Marguerite Yourcenar :
– from Editions Plon (grand format) & Folio (paperback)
– NOTE this book is available in French and English from Penguin
- Over the Rainbow by Constance Joly :
– from Publisher Flammarion ( grand fomat )
– French language
Do you have questions for Mélissa or Jeremy? Please leave them in the comments below… they’d be delighted to answer you.AND put Librairie L’Impromptu on your list to visit when you’re next in Paris! Go and say hi to Jeremy.
And in the interim, you can find Jeremy on his facebook page – see you there.